Who We are
Action around Bethlehem Children with Disability has now been working to better the lives of hundreds of disadvantaged children with disabilities and their families for over 35 years.
With so many years of experience and the wonderful effective commitment of our local partners in Palestine, we are able to bring cost effective practical help for families who have children with disabilities and who would otherwise be without any support. Many of these families live in hugely difficult circumstances in West Bank’s refugee camps.
We strive to give every child with a disability the vital holistic therapy to cover all their needs through high quality professionalism mixed with human warmth and compassion and with the ultimate aim that they may find their rightful place in society.
Above all, we help overcome the taboos still associated with disability by taking the whole child and giving them hope and opportunity, enabling them to reach their optimum potential and find their rightful place in their society.
What We Do
- we identify disability problems at the earliest possible age – when treatment can have the maximum effect for both the child and the family
- we provide ongoing treatment programmes
- we fund individual children’s needs – prosthetics and orthotics, wheelchairs, walking and seating aids, spectacles and hearing aids
- we cover the cost of surgery, medication and therapy sessions
- we support the children’s families through education and provide home modifications so that they can deal more successfully with their child’s well-being and treatment
- we fund upgrade training and developmental programmes for therapists
- our music therapy programme helps traumatised children to express themselves and with their lives